What are you putting off today?
Here we are…Monday is the unofficial end of Summer. Have you accomplished everything you wanted to over the Summer? Are you scrambling to fit it all in before Monday?
I would venture a guess that most people have not accomplished the majority of their Summer goals. Procrastination seems to be part of our DNA. We don’t seem to take most action until we are up against a deadline.
That is true in our business lives, our family lives, even our nutritional lives. How many of you scramble to lose weight before the big class reunion or a wedding or vacation?
Are you tired of procrastinating? Is it really getting you to where you want to be in life? Do you beat yourself up each time and promise yourself to do better next time?
Our brains are wired so that whatever behaviors we reinforce we become.
AND if you are committed, you will find an answer. If you are only interested, you’ll find excuses and reasons why you can’t. You’ll put it off forever. There is never a good time to change your diet, purge your kitchen, or change your behavior.
Why do most of us procrastinate?
- Secondary gain…I feel safe in my comfort zone. I feel safe eating these same unhealthy foods over and over. I feel safe because the people around me won’t judge me if I change my diet.
- Bigger fears than procrastinating…What am I gaining by procrastinating? What is the cost of procrastinating? On your self-image, on your self-trust, on your relationships, on your health, on your income? Make the cost of NOT doing it, bigger than the cost of procrastination. The brain will want to avoid the bigger pain.
- For many people mastering the disappointment of others is easier than taking action in unknown (fearful) territory.
Ask yourself…Why am I procrastinating? What am I gaining from it? What am I avoiding?
If you don’t hear or feel the answer ask…But if I did know, what would the answer be? Keep asking questions to find the solution.
What do I need to do to get to my goal? What do I need to do to start?
I’m committed to finding an answer. I’m committed to getting healthier. I’m committed to letting go of this excess weight. I’m committed to doing whatever it takes.
Ask yourself, your brain to NOT find the answers to the problem, but to find the answers to the solution.
What you’ve been waiting for…the secrets to overcoming PROCRASTINATION.
- Learn how to be AWARE of the emotion and learn how to overcome the unpleasant emotion that is triggered by the fear response mechanism in the brain.
How do you become aware of an unpleasant emotion? You feel it. You procrastinate because you don’t want to FEEL embarrassed or ridiculed or ashamed of a behavior. No one does.
- Take 6 breaths. Inhale for 5 counts, exhale for 5 counts. It only takes 1 minute. Research has shown that only 6 breaths deactivates the fear center of the brain. 6 is the magic number.
- Visualize. Now that the fear center of the brain is deactivated you can mentally rehearse yourself overcoming the obstacles to your goal. A mental rehearsal is as good as the real-life rehearsal. The brain doesn’t know the difference between what you imagine and what really happened. That’s why we cry at movies. If you can teach your brain to mentally overcome the obstacles, the brain starts developing a new neural pattern to overcome the lack of confidence, or fear, or whatever is in your way. When you start giving your brain that instruction, then your brain will start to focus on the pleasure of achieving the goal instead of activating the fear around it. This fear pathway is what is really causing procrastination.
- Then…take 1 action towards achieving your goal. No matter how small. That will get the brain circuits firing together that say “I’m an action taker. I’m someone who gets stuff done.”
- Back it up with an affirmation: “Even though I procrastinate at times, I know how to take action moving forward anyway.”
My question to you is…Are you procrastinating on getting healthy? Letting go of excess weight?
If you’re reading this, this may be the solution, the answer to one of your burning questions. The question about health. The question about nutrition. The question about letting go of excess weight.
Stop Procrastinating! The early bird pricing for the next Fast Track to Food Freedom ENDS this Thursday, September 2! 1 small action you can take right now is to enroll today. https://mynaturalbodywisdom.com/fast-track-to-food-freedom/
ARE YOU READY FOR A NUTRITION CLASS THAT YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE?
I’m launching my next Fast Track to Food Freedom class on Sept. 16. SAVE THE DATE AND DON’T BE LATE!
6 WEEKS OF NUTRITION FOR YOUR MIND, BODY, AND EMOTIONS.
- Finally achieve FOOD FREEDOM
- Curb sugar cravings
- Let go of unwanted weight for good Increase focus and clarity
- Love what you see in the mirror Feel empowered in your own body
- Flow into the holiday season more confident than ever before
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The amazing benefits of a ketogenic diet and fasting for vitality.
- The RIGHT way to eat keto The RIGHT way to fast Different types of fasting
- How to release the weight for good
WHAT TO EXPECT…
- Week 1 and 2 -Sugar detox Week 3 and 4 – Ketogenic eating
- Week 5 – Fasting (variations to fit your needs)
- Week 6 – Coming out of the fast, maintenance going forward
- Guided meditations throughout to shift your mindset and align your subconscious and your conscious brains.
- Group accountability and support
JOIN BEFORE SEPTEMBER 2 AND GET A DISCOUNT AND 2 AWESOME BONUSES.
RESPOND ‘I’M IN!’ IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. I only have 10 spots.